> Overview The Texecom Premier Elite panel series is Texecom’s flagship burglar alarm panel range, providing professional installers a robust an
– Advanced programming functionality
Well-structured menu-based programming via LCD keypads means that programming the Premier panels is easy and quick to do. The additional option to use the Wintex computer interface, enables installers to programme more complex functionality remotely via a Windows computer interface.
– Wired, wireless or hybrid. Grade 2 or Grade 3 options
The Premier Elite panel range comes in a number of different varieties giving installers the option to install wired or wireless sensors, or a mix of wired and wireless via a ‘hybrid’ system. This flexibility is achieved using a variety of ‘expanders’, which enable the installer to increase the number of either wired or wireless zones.
The wireless technology at the core of the Premier Elite’s wireless product is called Ricochet technology, and is unique in its use of Mesh Network technology. You can learn more about Ricochet wireless technology here.
The number of zones available ranges between 8 to 640 zones depending the specific panel chosen, and the number of expanders added.
– Multi-control options: keypad, fob, tag and app control options
– Stylish design
– Smart Home compatible & future-proof
> User Features
- Keypads: multiple LCD keypads can be added, along with proxy tags and smart keys
- Option for remote control: option to connect the alarm to the internet (via Smartphone app) giving the ability to control remotely
- Multiple areas: multiple ‘areas’ can be created so you can create bespoke programming areas
- Multiple user codes: multiple unique user codes can be created (25+) to enable you to track the movement / activities of people within the property
- Event log: date stamped event log with 500+ historic events recorded
> Installer features
– Easy to install
– Simple to programme & Wintex functionality
– Easy to give support to
– Multi-resistance compatible
– Easily expandable
– Modern and up-to-date
> Texecom Premier Elite alarm pricing
The Texecom Premier Elite is definitely not the cheapest alarm system on the market, however given the amount of features packed into it – essentially providing you with not only an alarm, but the ability to create a whole smart home automation system – we’d say that the Premier Elite kits are well priced.
To get the best prices, you’re best buying a kit – for example, the Texecom Premier Elite 24 kit.
> Installer likes and dislikes
– Ease of programming
Programming is well-structured meaning that it’s easy to navigate around and quick to programme. The Wintex functionality gives another level of programming capability, especially if the installer is wanting to programme something more complex or programme remotely.
– Well-designed physical panel
– Generally robust and reliable
– Too much functionality
> Rating (out of 10)
Overall the feedback from the alarm installers we spoke to was that they generally ‘loved’ working with Texecom’s Premier Elite range of security products. With the new Texecom SmartCom and Connect App now turning the Premier into a Smart Alarm, the Premier definitely scores highly as one one of the best alarm systems available in the UK.
Given that we don’t give 10’s in reviews, it’s 9’s all round then 😉
- Overall rating: 9/10
- Installer rating: 9/10
- User feature rating: 9/10