Quick guide on how to stop a Texecom alarm system from beeping A beeping Texecom alarms is generally one of two things; The Chime Function
Quick guide on how to stop a Texecom alarm system from beeping
A beeping Texecom alarms is generally one of two things;
The Chime Function is on
- Press ‘musical note’ button to turn off chime.
- To set up chime enter your 4 digit user code, then MENU, then TICK.
- Scroll through menu until you find ‘Edit Chime zones’. Press TICK.
- Scroll through zone list and select the zone you want, then press X.
- The zone description will then change from ‘silent’ to chime’.
- Press Menu button followed by RESET.
A System Fault
- If it’s a system fault that’s causing the beeping, your keypad will show a fault message.
- The beep will continue until the fault is fixed.
- Try entering your 4 digit code, then RESET.
More in-depth user guider on how to stop a Texecom alarm from beeping
If your Texecom alarm is beeping at you then it’s generally one of two things:
1) You have the ‘chime’ function set on your alarm.
In order to turn-off the chime simply PRESS the ‘musical note’ button on your Texecom keypad.
To set-up the chime function on your Texecom alarm ENTER your 4 digit user code followed by the MENU button then PRESS TICK. At this point you’re in the user menu.
Use the arrow keys to scroll through until you find ‘Edit Chime zones’ – then PRESS TICK. The display will then show the list of zones. Scroll down to the zone you want to add a chime to, and PRESS X.
To exit menu, PRESS the Menu button followed by Reset. Your chimes should now be set-up.
2) You have a ‘fault’ on your system e.g. a power cut, battery fault or sensor fault.
If your system has a fault and is beeping then your keypad should also show a message – for example ‘Mains Power off / System Alerts!’. If there is still a fault on your system there is generally no way a user can stop the beeping – until the fault is fixed. However you may want to try entering your 4 digit code followed by RESET – as sometimes this can help.
If you want a professional engineer to fix your alarm system, get in touch with the SmartSecurity team.
Watch how to video
Still, need help?
If you still need help with your alarm, then get in contact with our team to see if we can help you >>
Or if you know you need an engineer then book an ‘on-site visit’ where one of our trained engineers comes out to your site to fix your problem. Book an engineer visit here or email us at email@example.com