Quick guide on how to fix a faulty door alarm sensor If you're having problems with the door sensor on your home alarm system then first you w
Quick guide on how to fix a faulty door alarm sensor
If you’re having problems with the door sensor on your home alarm system then first you will need to assess the reason for the sensor not working. It will likely be 1 of 4 reasons.
Depending on the cause you will have to:
- Remove and replace the contact.
- Move the contacts closer together
- Check the wires and fix if loose.
- Replace the cable if damaged.
More in-depth faulty alarm sensor user guide
Please note, if your door alarm sensor isn’t working, then it’s likely that:
a) A Tamper indicator on your alarm panel will show on the door zone.
b) It’s likely that your alarm system will not set properly.
There are generally 4 reasons why the door alarm sensor will not be working:
1. Broken Contact; The door contact is broken (for example, the magnet has de-sensitised)
To fix this, all you need to do is to remove and replace the contact.
2. The Gap between contacts is too large; (The gap between the two contacts is too large)
To fix this, you need to move the contacts closer to each other.
3. Loose Wires; The wires may have come loose from the contact
To fix this, you need to check the wires and re-fix.
4. Damaged Cable; The wire to the door contact may have been damaged
To fix this you need to join and replace the cable.
Watch how to video
Still, need help?
If you still need help with your alarm, then get in contact with our team to see if we can help you >>
Or if you know you need an engineer then book an ‘on-site visit’ where one of our trained engineers comes out to your site to fix your problem. Book an engineer visit here or email us at email@example.com